The Youth Services team is happy to support kids of any age with their educational goals. Whether you’re helping a toddler with their speech development, homeschooling a teenager, or looking to supplement your classroom library, we are here to help.
In the Library
Educational DVDs on a variety of topics for all ages
Broad selection of nonfiction books
Public computers with our online catalog and internet access
Educator Kits: a collection of resources about a particular topic. Check a Kit out just like any other item, then take the whole bag home to enjoy. Depending on the topic, kits might contain books, DVDs, interactive items, toys, or other resources. Check out our full list of topics!
American Civil War
Exploration of the New World
Force and Motion
Fractions and Decimals
Life Cycles: Birds, Butterflies, and Frogs
Light and Electricity
Pioneers and Westward Expansion
Robot Mouse Coding Activity Set
Rocks & Minerals
Weather and Climate
World War I
World War II
You can download the Educator Kit Policy as a PDF, or read it here:
- Educator Kits may be checked out to patrons 18+ whose library accounts are in good standing.
- No checkouts on children’s cards.
- Kits have a loan period of 3 weeks (21 days) with one renewal.
- No due date extensions are permitted for Educator Kits.
- Each household may check out only one Educator Kit per loan period.
- Failure to return any portion of the kit, or damage to any portion of the kit, may result in the borrowing patron being charged for the total cost of the kit in its entirety.
- The total cost of each kit varies according to its contents, with an approximate range of $75.00 to $200.00.
- The cost of the kit is indicated on the list of contents in the front pocket of the kit bag.
- Educator Kits do not accrue overdue fines. However, failure to return the kit in a timely manner will result in the borrowing patron being charged the total cost of the kit.
- Kits must be checked out and returned in-person at the Children’s Room circulation desk.
- Book drop returns are not allowed.
- Returns to other libraries are not allowed.
- Kits are not holdable.
Interlibrary Loan: we can help you obtain resources from other libraries
Teacher Cards: a special library account to keep classroom and homeschooling items separate
Homeschool Connection: this program is offered periodically to help homeschooling families connect with each other and our resources
Scholastic Teachables, for educational resources across many grade levels
Universal Class, for continuing education
Mometrix, for standardized test preparation
AtoZ Maps Online, for learning about geography
and many more on our Online Resources page
Have a suggestion?
If you have an idea for a resource, event, or program, we’d love to hear it! Please contact the Head of Youth Services with any suggestions.